Group name: Dorset 4050 Walkers
This group is a part of Dorset Area.
Despite our group name, we really don't care what age you are; if you like walking with a friendly, relaxed, easy going group of people who occasionally socialize you're most welcome to join us.
Our aim is to provide a wide range of walks, at various paces and grades to cater for most if not all levels walkers. From time to time, we undertake walking weekends outside Dorset.
email - Dorset4050@hotmail.co.uk
Autumn/ winter walking notes
Whilst daylight hours are short and winter is upon us, everyone is reminded that in addition to their usual equipment and precautionary checks to make sure that;
- Your mobile is fully charged
- You wear/ take;
- a good pair of boots, waterproof jacket and trousers
- thin layers of clothing are better than one thick layer
- take a hat, gloves, and a scarf
- wear reflective clothing
- pack high energy snacks like flapjack, chocolate or dried fruit and nuts, and possibly a hot drink, to keep you going
- a torch (check it's fully charged and working)
- a whistle and compass.
Walk leaders are reminded to take particular care when planning the end time of their winter walks and (where possible) to have short cuts/ options in mind, should it be necessary.