Back in June we shared with you the Key Findings from the survey we ran to help us improve the support we provide for our group and area volunteers across England, Scotland and Wales.
Thank you once again to each and every one of you who took part, whether you helped promote the survey, took the time to fill it out or held meetings with your group or area to feed back collectively. Thanks to your efforts, we heard from at least one volunteer from each area across England, Scotland and Wales.
Here are some changes coming to your support in 2018, as a result of the survey feedback:
- We will be piloting ‘webinars’ – online video conferences where multiple people can join a live training session – to increase volunteers’ confidence in using Ramblers digital tools.
- An improved layout to our online Volunteer Zone to make information more prominent and easy to find.
- We will be piloting a centrally co-ordinated approach to first aid training in England and Wales, and continuing to roll-out first aid training already available in Scotland.
- Our area support team is growing. To add to our area support officers for the north of England and Wales, and our area and governance administrator in Scotland, we now have an area support manager and are recruiting for an area support officer for the south of England.
- We will be redesigning the Report-It app (Pathwatch) to make reporting and dealing with path problems much more efficient, everywhere.
- Researching a new finance system for treasurers.
We’ll share an update on how this work progresses, in spring 2018.
If you have any questions on this, or anything to do with the support you receive as a volunteer, please contact us.