The Vale of Glamorgan Ramblers welcome you to join us on our walks. We offer a variety of walks suitable to all fitness levels. After doing a few walks, its amazing to see how much fitter people become, and are ready for a more challenging walk.
Walking has been proven to be a good way of keeping fit, non-members are welcome to walk with the group, but after walking three times with the group, the expectation is that they will become a member of the Ramblers Association.
Walking with a group makes the walk more interesting, meet new people, make new friends, see places both locally and further afield that you may not have even realised that were even in the local area. Equipment needn’t be expensive, a good pair of sturdy shoes/boots,
and because we walk in the South Wales area – a good waterproof jacket.
1. Newcomers on walks are always welcome, but after three walks will be expected to join The Ramblers’ Association.
2. All walkers must wear appropriate footwear and clothing relative to the conditions likely to be experienced.
3. Walkers should bring enough food and drink for a coffee stop and lunch for the duration of the walks including plenty to drink.
4. Only registered assistance dogs are permitted on walks.
5. All walks depart promptly at the times shown.
6. The approximate length of all walks is shown against each entry throughout the programme.
7. IMPORTANT Walks have been graded to give a general guide to their nature. The length of walks should also be taken into account, together with the weather preceding and on the day of the walk.
G1 = Walking is over fairly level land with some gentle rises and falls. Paths are distinct.
G2 = Walking is more demanding with some moderate ascents and descents. Walking is usually along clearly marked paths and tracks.
G3 = Walking is more energetic with some fairly steep ascents and descents. Again tracks will normally be distinct but sometimes rough and stony.
G4 = Walking will be quite strenuous with steep and at times rough off-path ascents and descents.
For more information, please speak to the walk leader. You’ll find their number on the walks programme
The Rambler’s Association cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or injury incurred on any walk or other activity.
Sunday 29 October 2017Starting at 09:30A moderate 9 mile / 14.5 km walk
Sunday 5 November 2017Meeting at 09:30, Starting at 10:00A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Tuesday 7 November 2017Starting at 10:00A leisurely 6 mile / 9.7 km walk
Sunday 12 November 2017Meeting at 09:00, Starting at 10:00A moderate 7.5 mile / 12.1 km walk
Sunday 19 November 2017Meeting at 09:30, Starting at 10:00A moderate 8.5 mile / 13.7 km walk
Sunday 26 November 2017Meeting at 09:00, Starting at 10:00A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk