Group name: South East Hants
This group is a part of Hampshire Area.
Our groups help local people enjoy walking and protect the places we all love to walk. Most groups organise regular walks led by local experts – a great way to get outside, make new friends and discover how walking boosts your health and happiness. You’re very welcome to try walking with us, or to get involved in looking after paths and green spaces and opening up new places to explore.
We are friendly group that walks in the SE Hants/W Sussex area (Petersfield, Selborne, Cheriton, Horndean, Meon Valley, Chichester, Midhurst etc) in the main, but sometimes we go further afield using rail transport. Our walking programme includes:
- a short (3-5 mile) fairly local walk on alternate Saturday mornings,
- longer all-day walks on some Saturdays,
- two walks each Sunday, a shorter (5-9 mile) walk, and a longer (9-13) mile walk
- one or two 10-15 mile walks each Wednesday, some at a fairly fast pace,
- a shorter (6-7 mile) mile walk each Thursday,
- during the summer months we have 4-6 mile walks on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
A summary of our walks programme is given on the group website, for a full programme (electronic or printed) contact us via our email address. You can also download the full programme from our website.
We look forward to welcoming you on one of our walks. You can just turn up - no need to pre-arrange, though if you want more details of a particular walk to help you to make up your mind, just 'phone the walk leader.