Group name: South East Hants
This group is a part of Hampshire Area.
Our activities include:
Practical path work, Short and easy walks
Our groups help local people enjoy walking and protect the places we all love to walk. Most groups organise regular walks led by local experts – a great way to get outside, make new friends and discover how walking boosts your health and happiness. You’re very welcome to try walking with us, or to get involved in looking after paths and green spaces and opening up new places to explore.
SE Hants Ramblers is a friendly group that walks in the SE Hants/W Sussex area (Hayling Island, Rowlands Castle, Petersfield, Selborne, Cheriton, Horndean, Meon Valley, Chichester, Midhurst etc) in the main, but sometimes we go further afield using rail transport. We lead nearly 300 walks each year, which include:
- a short leisurely (3-5 mile) fairly local walk on alternate Saturday mornings,
- longer all-day walks on some Saturdays,
- two walks each Sunday - a shorter (5-9 mile) walk, and a longer (9-13) mile walk
- one or two 10-15 mile walks each Wednesday, some at a fairly fast pace,
- a shorter (6-7 mile) mile walk each Thursday,
- during the summer months (mid-May to mid-August) we have 4-6 mile evening walks on Tuesdays and Thursdays, usually starting at 7pm.
Our walks programme is given on the group website www.sehantsramblers.hampshire.org.uk (see Walks page). If you would like us to send you a printed copy of the programme please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 9273 2649.
We look forward to welcoming you on one of our walks. You can just turn up - no need to pre-arrange, though if you want more details of a particular walk to help you to make up your mind, just 'phone the walk leader.
In addition to our walks we have some social events such as a skittles evening, meals in local pubs, a coach trip etc. Our members carry out regular surveys of all the footpaths in our area and undertake footpath clearance tasks.
The picture at the top of the page shows woodland daffodils in Middleheath Copse, near Graffham, West Sussex - one of our favourite walks in March/April.