Our walks are intended for members of the Ramblers' Association, but non-members are welcome to join any walk provided they contact the leader beforehand. However, if you want to walk frequently with us we would expect you to join the Ramblers. Dogs are not always welcome on walks: please ask first. See "Our group walks" on the right for details of up-coming walks organised by our groups.
1. If you want to join a walk, please telephone the contact person shown for the walk.
2. Bad weather may result in change of route or cancellation without notice.
3. Waterproof clothing, suitable footwear, and a packed lunch and drink are essential for most of these walks. For high mountain walks, you will also need to carry additional warm clothing.
4. Please ensure that you are fit enough to undertake any walk you intend to join; if in doubt, check with the leader.
5. Dogs are permitted on some, but not all, walks: check with the leader.
6. Where dogs are permitted, they must be on leads at all times.
7. You participate in these walks at your own risk.
Walking on your own
There is a vast amount of information about walking in the Lake District: maps, books, videos, and web sites. On your first visit to the Lake District, it's a good idea to visit local bookshops or tourist information centres, where you will find a wide selection of guide books for all kinds of walks.
John Dawson's Lake District Walks
Local walking clubs affiliated to the Ramblers' Association
Back to the Lake District Area page.
Thursday 19 October 2017Meeting at 08:30, Starting at 09:30A strenuous 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Saturday 21 October 2017Meeting at 09:00, Starting at 09:00A strenuous 9 mile / 14.5 km walk
Saturday 21 October 2017Meeting at 08:30, Starting at 09:30A strenuous 8 mile / 12.9 km walk
Saturday 21 October 2017Starting at 09:00A strenuous 9 mile / 14.5 km walk
Sunday 22 October 2017Starting at 10:00A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Sunday 22 October 2017Starting at 09:15A moderate 8 mile / 12.9 km walk
Tuesday 24 October 2017Meeting at 09:20, Starting at 09:20A moderate 9 mile / 14.5 km walk
Wednesday 25 October 2017Meeting at 09:30, Starting at 10:15A leisurely 6 mile / 9.7 km walk
Wednesday 25 October 2017Meeting at 09:00, Starting at 10:15A moderate 9.5 mile / 15.3 km walk
Wednesday 25 October 2017Starting at 09:00A strenuous 10 mile / 16.1 km walk
Wednesday 25 October 2017Starting at 08:30A technical 13 mile / 20.9 km walk
Wednesday 25 October 2017Starting at 09:15A strenuous 10 mile / 16.1 km walk