HOW TO REGISTER AS A WALK LEADER USING THE NATIONAL RAMBLERS’ REGISTRATION PROCESS & ENTER YOUR WALKS
Please complete Section One before attempting Section Two.
THIS IS SECTION ONE
THIS SECTION MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE YOU ARE ABLE TO ENTER WALKS ON TO THE RAMBLERS’ SYSTEM.
You will receive confirmation that you are ‘entered’ as a Contributor
YOU WILL NOW ABLE TO ENTER WALKS ONTO THE RAMBLERS’ WEBSITE.
HOW TO ENTER A WALK ONCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED CONFIRMATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION
This is obtained from the Wellingborough Walks’ Editor, DIANE MANN.
THIS PART IS SECTION TWO
Go to http://www.ramblers.org.uk/ and select “login” (situated at the very top of the page)
Go to ‘My Account’
Click on the green box that says “Group walks and Events Manager”
From the “Other Actions” list on the right hand side of the page, select “Add walk”
Complete the form using the notes below. (Fill in all the fields marked with an asterisk*)
1) Date; Select from drop down list
2) Title; Sample “8m from Finedon”
3) Description; Sample “Via Burton and Isham”
4) Group; Wellingborough and District
5) Select circular or linear
6) Starting point; Please note that you will need to provide a Grid Reference (eg; two letters and six-numbers as shown in the (? ) section in green
Adding a recognised 6 figure grid ref with 2 prefix letters allows the start point to be checked on the adjacent map. This map can be used to determine a grid ref from post codes, etc, but Wellingborough do prefer the use of the OS Grid Ref for its accuracy.
7) Location details; Example “The Bell Inn Finedon“
8) Start Time; Select from drop down menu. 24hr clock
Meeting point; This is not the starting point and is NOT normally required on our walks.
9) Restriction; Select “Public”
10) Difficulty; Select from drop down menu.
If unsure, select what you think is best and the secretary will alter if necessary; (for example, ‘moderate’ relates to the length of the walk, rather than a ‘degree of difficulty’).
Local walk; Grade not applicable
11) Distance; Add in box “miles only with only 1 decimal point.” Sample 19.2
Estimated finish time; this will be calculated automatically.
12) Contact; Type name in “look up contact” and select your name
The display name will appear on the website.
13) Tick “The contact is also the walk leader” Box
14) Scroll to bottom of the page and SAVE AND NEXT STEP
The screen should reload...
15) Scroll to the bottom of the page and select SAVE AND SUBMIT.
16) To enter another walk, select “Return to walks and events”
Then select; “Add a Walk” from other options.
If you have any problems, please contact Diane Mann or Leila at Ramblers’ Central Office has suggested that anyone unsure about using the system should email email@example.com
Tuesday 14 August 2018Starting at 13:30A leisurely 4 mile / 6.4 km walk
Wednesday 15 August 2018Starting at 09:30A moderate 8 mile / 12.9 km walk
Thursday 16 August 2018Starting at 10:00A moderate 10 mile / 16.1 km walk
Saturday 18 August 2018Starting at 10:00A moderate 8 mile / 12.9 km walk
Tuesday 21 August 2018Starting at 10:00A moderate 6 mile / 9.7 km walk
Wednesday 22 August 2018Starting at 09:30A moderate 7.5 mile / 12.1 km walk