Other ways to give


As well as making a donation or leaving a legacy, there are also other ways you can help support us.

Share giving

Donating shares to the Ramblers is a great way of supporting our work - and it’s also a very tax efficient way to give.

Since April 2000, it's been possible to claim full tax relief against the value of the shares. If you're a higher rate taxpayer and you donate £1,000 worth of shares, this means you may pay up to £400 less income tax that year. You'd also be exempt from capital gains tax.

The process is really easy:

  • Get a stock transfer form from the company Registrar  
  • Send the completed form and share certificate to: Fundraising Department, The Ramblers, 1 Clink Street, 3rd Floor, London SE1 9DG 

Please note tax benefits depend on your personal circumstances and you should seek professional advice.

If you have any questions about donating shares to the Ramblers, please email us at fundraising@ramblers.org.uk or call 020 3961 3300.

Payroll Giving

Many employers across the UK operate a scheme known as Payroll Giving, sometimes called Give As You Earn. It’s a flexible scheme which allows anyone who pays UK income tax to give regularly to charity on a tax free basis.

With payroll giving, your donation comes out of your salary before you are taxed, which means it costs you less. For example, each £10 you give will only cost you £8, and if you're a higher rate tax payer it will only cost you £6.

Why should I consider payroll giving?

It’s easy to set up, manage and control. Your employer handles the administration and processing, and your donation is deducted directly from your salary. It’s also easy to change the amount you give, giving you flexibility too.

Many employers will also match your donation, which means we could receive even more, at absolutely no extra cost to you. Most payroll giving agencies will let you donate anonymously if you’d prefer to give in that way.

How do I do it?

You’ll need to find out from your employer if they already have a scheme set up. If your employer already runs a Payroll Giving scheme then all you need to do is let your payroll department know you’d like to take part. If your employer doesn’t already run a Payroll Giving scheme you can ask them to set one up.

Get in touch

If you’d like any more details about Payroll Giving or would like to speak to us about setting up a Payroll Giving scheme at your workplace, please do get in touch with us either by emailing us at fundraising@ramblers.org.uk or by calling 020 3961 3300.