Sunday, 6 December 2020
Start time: 10:30
(Estimated finish time: 14:30)
Moderate 7 miles / 11.3 km
Why not join us on a pleasant walk this Sunday? Non-members are welcome.
This local 7-mile walk starts from Shilton, a village on the northern outskirts of Coventry.
From the village hall, we head in easterly direction across fields towards Withybrook. After a gentle climb to Mobbs Wood, we walk across the railway line onto the Oxford Canal towpath before returning.
Booking your place - If you would like to come along, please contact the walk leader. Do not turn up for a walk without booking, as we may turn you away.
Meet at Shilton Village Hall at 10.15 for a 10.30 start.
Grid reference: SP402846
Nearest postcode: CV7 9JZ
Start time: 10:30
This is a circular walk
What to wear:
• Wear suitable clothing and footwear for the conditions -- if in doubt contact the leader.
What to bring:
• Bring your own food and plenty of water.
• Hand sanitiser.
Staying safe arrangements:
During the walk:
• Consider your hygiene precautions outside, take hand sanitiser with you.
• Avoid touching stiles or gates where possible.
• Don’t share food and drink or equipment such as walking poles.
• Walk responsibly: keep two meters apart from other walkers not in your household.
• When other walker are passing, remember to stand back and give way.
• Let the walk leader know if you are having problems, feel unwell or need to slow down or stop.
If after the walk:
• Wash your hands as soon as you get indoors.
• If you develop symptoms, apply for the covid-19 test and support the NHS contact tracing if requested.
Give us a try!
This is one of hundreds of Ramblers group walks for all ages and abilities every week - all led by our experienced walk leaders.
You’re welcome to join us on any of our walks to see if the Ramblers is for you. Then, once you’ve enjoyed the views, fun, exhilaration and good company, it’s just a case of becoming a member.
Do make sure you're fit enough and have the right footwear and clothing for the walk you want to do, though. You can contact the group or leader if in doubt.