We will be walking over fields, woodland and tracks. If you would like to come along, please contact the walk leader.
We meet at 09.50 for a 10.00 departure from Gosford Street Pay & Display car park, under the Ring Road in Coventry.
The journey to the start is made by car. It is customary to share a car and make a voluntary contribution towards the driver’s costs, the suggested amount A=£1.50;
Gosford Street Pay & Display car park – £1.00 by cash/card/phone on Sundays (until 6pm). More information about Gosford Street car park: https://www.coventry.gov.uk/directory_record/36924/gosford_street_car_park
Grid reference: SP339788
Nearest postcode: CV1 5ED
Meeting time: 09:50
A428 Rugby Road lay-by by Binley Woods Primary School (on right) just before Coventry Speedway Stadium.
Grid reference: SP403772
Nearest postcode: CV3 2BA
Start time: 10:30
This is a circular walk
All group walks will be run in line with the guidelines issued by the government and Ramblers. Please follow all safety advice given by the walk leader, including the latest guidelines on physical distancing.
What to wear:
• Wear suitable clothing and footwear for the conditions -- if in doubt contact the leader. Bring a waterproof jacket and don’t forget the sunscreen and a hat.
What to bring:
• Bring your own food and plenty of water. Anything you don’t eat you can take home.
• Hand sanitiser and face covering for the unexpected…
Staying safe arrangements:
During the walk:
• Consider your hygiene precautions outside, take hand sanitiser with you.
• Avoid touching stiles or gates where possible.
• Don’t share food and drink or equipment such as walking poles.
• Walk responsibly: keep two meters apart from other walkers not in your household.
• When other walker are passing remember to stand back and give way.
• Let the walk leader know if you are having problems, feel unwell or need to slow down or stop.
After the walk:
• Wash your hands as soon as you get indoors.
• If you develop symptoms, apply for the covid-19 test and support the NHS contact tracing if requested.