Sunday, 26 June 2022
Start time: 11:30
Moderate 10 miles / 16.1 km
This 10-mile linear walk from Reading to Henley follows the Thames Path along the river.
This walk requires advance booking.Please see our group website for more details, and do not turn up without booking.
This walk has been moved from the previously-scheduled date of 10th July, and please note there has also been a change of walk leader due to availability.
Reading Station (north side)
Grid reference: SU715739
Nearest postcode: RG1 8BT
Start time: 11:30
This is a linear walk
The walk follows the Thames Path along the river, and through Sonning and Shiplake where we will stop for lunch. The footpath is very narrow and uneven underfoot in places, but it’s a great walk all along the river and through meadows where there is lots of beautiful flowers, and beautiful scenery along the way. You will be able to smell wild garlic and see lots of wildlife including butterflies, dragonflies and red kites.
By public transport
There are regular buses and trains that go frequently to Reading station from all directions, and also back to Reading from Henley at the end of the walk.
There is plenty of parking underneath the station, where charges will apply, or other car parks which may be cheaper.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.
- It might be muddy – please wear suitable footwear.
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 12 walkers including the walk leader
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing the form on our website. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Give us a try!
This is one of hundreds of Ramblers group walks for all ages and abilities every week - all led by our experienced walk leaders.
You’re welcome to join us on any of our walks to see if the Ramblers is for you. Then, once you’ve enjoyed the views, fun, exhilaration and good company, it’s just a case of becoming a member.
Do make sure you're fit enough and have the right footwear and clothing for the walk you want to do, though. You can contact the group or leader if in doubt.