Saturday, 9 July 2022
Start time: 10:30
Moderate 11 miles / 17.7 km
Take in views of the North Downs way and Waverly Abbey.
This walk requires advance booking.
Please see our group website for more details, and do not turn up without booking.
Rescheduled from 3rd June.
Farnham Train Sation
Grid reference: SU844465
Nearest postcode: GU9 8AD
Start time: 10:30
This is a circular walk
Starting at Farnham train station, we will head along the North Downs way reaching Totford Wood; here we will cut down through heathland and ponds towards Charles Hill, then it's on our way to Waverly Mill bridge where we can take in the Abbey and ruins; after that it's back on the North Downs Way to Farnham train station.
By public transport
Catch the 9.20am train from Reading to North Camp, walk the half mile from there to Ash Vale and take the 10:14am train arriving in Farnham at 10.25am. There are return trains every half hour by the same route.
£3.50 all day to park in station car park. NOTE: No right turn off the A31 onto the Station road. Take the left towards the town centre instead, then turn around or follow the one-way system.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- This walk is limited to 10 walkers including the walk leader
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing the form on our website. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Give us a try!
This is one of hundreds of Ramblers group walks for all ages and abilities every week - all led by our experienced walk leaders.
You’re welcome to join us on any of our walks to see if the Ramblers is for you. Then, once you’ve enjoyed the views, fun, exhilaration and good company, it’s just a case of becoming a member.
Do make sure you're fit enough and have the right footwear and clothing for the walk you want to do, though. You can contact the group or leader if in doubt.