These walks have been published over the years in our Stile Journal, contributed by our members. We have now made them available here on our website. If you missed them in the past, or have lost your old copy, you have another chance to try them out.
The walk descriptions (links below) include maps of the routes and places of interest you will see on the way. For each walk, please note the date of publication as there may have been changes since then.
If you have feedback on any of these walks, please contact the webmaster.
Location of the walks:
1. Manuden, north of Bishop's Stortford (4.3 miles) 2008
2. St Albans Circle (12 miles) with Places of Interest 2010
3. Dollis Valley - a taste of North London (10 miles linear) 2011
4. Attenborough’s Fields and Merryhill, Bushey (5 miles) 2013
5. Much Hadham: church, Bluebells and Henry Moore (6 miles) 2012
6. River Ivel from Langford to Henlow, Beds (6 miles) 2015
7. Pymmes Brook from Cockfosters to Arnos Grove (5 miles linear) 2014
8. Therfield Heath and beyond (3 or 5 miles) 2011
9. Chess Valley (7 or 5.5 miles) 2012
10. Kingfisher Way from Radwell Meadows through Stotfold (5.5 miles) 2009
11. Teddy’s Trails – 18 linear routes from Borehamwood Station (3 to 8 miles). Find individual route descriptions on the Elstree and Borehamwood Town Council site 2016
12. Hemel Hempstead: exploring Box Moor Trust land (7 or 6.2 miles). Try out the seat installed in memory of Norman Jones on the edge of Hay Wood at grid reference TL029055. 2016
13. Explore Enfield Chase: Main route (6.5 or 7.2 miles). These walks explore paths not shown on the OS map. Further walk options of 7 to 14 miles explore more unmapped paths - download the Description and Map of Long walk with options. (Note: the path around Holly Hill Farm is now passable again. See Recent RoW changes). 2017
14. Oakland from the North Star pub via Harmer Green and Burnham Green (6.4 miles) 2018
If you like a longer walk, the routes below were developed by N Herts group:
The websites give descriptions, shorter walks you can do using these routes and GPX tracks.
Hertfordshire Countryside Management Service (CMS) have routes for many walks from 2 to 10 miles on the CMS website - choose Walking and Cycling routes. Places of interest include the Wall Hall Estate around Aldenham Village - search for a leaflet with walks from 1 to 6 miles.
Tuesday 18 June 2019Starting at 10:00A leisurely 6.5 mile / 10.5 km walk
Tuesday 18 June 2019Starting at 10:00A moderate 5.5 mile / 8.9 km walk
Wednesday 19 June 2019Starting at 18:30A moderate 5 mile / 8 km walk
Wednesday 19 June 2019Meeting at 18:55, Starting at 19:15A moderate 3.5 mile / 5.6 km walk
Wednesday 19 June 2019Starting at 10:15A moderate 11.2 mile / 18 km walk
Thursday 20 June 2019Starting at 10:00A moderate 6 mile / 9.7 km walk
Thursday 20 June 2019Starting at 10:30A leisurely 3.5 mile / 5.6 km walk
Friday 21 June 2019Starting at 18:30A leisurely 5 mile / 8 km walk
Saturday 22 June 2019Starting at 10:00A moderate 5 mile / 8 km walk
Saturday 22 June 2019Starting at 15:00A moderate 8 mile / 12.9 km walk
Saturday 22 June 2019Starting at 10:00A moderate 11 mile / 17.7 km walk
Friday 28 June 2019 to Sunday 30 June 2019Festival
Saturday 28 September 2019 at 16:00Social