These walks have been published over the years in our Stile Journal, contributed by our members. We have now made them available here on our website. If you missed them in the past, or have lost your old copy, you have another chance to try them out.
The walk descriptions (links below) include maps of the routes and places of interest you will see on the way.
If you have feedback on any of these walks, please contact the webmaster.
Location of the walks:
1. Manuden, north of Bishop's Stortford (4.3 miles)
2. St Albans Circle (12 miles) with Places of Interest
3. Dollis Valley - a taste of North London (10 miles linear)
4. Attenborough’s Fields and Merryhill, Bushey (5 miles)
5. Much Hadham: church, Bluebells and Henry Moore (6 miles)
6. River Ivel from Langford to Henlow, Beds (6 miles)
7. Pymmes Brook from Cockfosters to Arnos Grove (5 miles linear)
8. Therfield Heath and beyond (3 or 5 miles)
9. Chess Valley (7 or 5.5 miles)
10. Kingfisher Way from Radwell Meadows through Stotfold (5.5 miles)
11. Teddy’s Trails – 18 linear routes from Borehamwood Station (3 to 8 miles). Find individual route descriptions on the Elstree and Borehamwood Town Council site
12. Hemel Hempstead: exploring Box Moor Trust land (7 or 6.2 miles). Try out the seat installed in memory of Norman Jones on the edge of Hay Wood at grid reference TL029055.
13. Explore Enfield Chase: Main route (6.5 or 7.2 miles). This walk explores permissive paths not shown on the OS map. Further walk options of 7 to 14 miles explore more permissives - download the Description and Map of Long walk with options.
14. Oakland from the North Star pub via Harmer Green and Burnham Green (6.4 miles)
If you like a longer walk, the routes below were developed by N Herts group:
The websites give descriptions, shorter walks you can do using these routes and GPX tracks.
Hertfordshire Countryside Management Service (CMS) have routes for many walks from 2 to 10 miles on the CMS website - choose Walking and Cycling routes. Places of interest include the Wall Hall Estate around Aldenham Village - search for a leaflet with walks from 1 to 6 miles.
Thursday 18 October 2018Starting at 10:00A moderate 6 mile / 9.7 km walk
Saturday 20 October 2018Starting at 10:00A moderate 5 mile / 8 km walk
Saturday 20 October 2018Starting at 10:00A moderate 6 mile / 9.7 km walk
Saturday 20 October 2018Starting at 11:00A leisurely 4.5 mile / 7.2 km walk
Saturday 20 October 2018Starting at 10:10A moderate 9 mile / 14.5 km walk
Saturday 20 October 2018Starting at 13:00A moderate 11 mile / 17.7 km walk
Sunday 21 October 2018Meeting at 09:00, Starting at 10:00A moderate 12 mile / 19.3 km walk
Sunday 21 October 2018Starting at 09:30A moderate 6 mile / 9.7 km walk
Sunday 21 October 2018Starting at 10:30A leisurely 5 mile / 8.1 km walk
Sunday 21 October 2018Starting at 10:00A moderate 12 mile / 19.3 km walk
Sunday 21 October 2018Meeting at 10:30, Starting at 11:00A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Sunday 21 October 2018Starting at 10:30A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Saturday 3 November 2018 at 10:00Training/Workshop
Saturday 24 November 2018 at 14:30Conference/Meeting