Committee March 21st

minutes of the COMMITTEE MEETING 21/03/16

1. Apologies. John Heap
2. Minutes of last meeting. Martin to enquire about booking a speaker (from central
office) on the subject of rights of way for AGM. Eric has booked Reed Village Hall for
Christmas party on Sat. 3rd Dec. 2016. Minutes agreed.
3. Matters arising. None
4. Footpaths issues David reported 2 diversions:
1) Rushingwells – people not using the proper FP. Another diversion is being
considered.
2) Barley 14 – barns converted to houses with gardens behind them – path diverted
behind the gardens. Paperwork has gone to HCC. Awaiting decision.
Also in Barkway there is an application to get rid of a cross field path. People use the
permissive path from the Tally Ho to the Recreation Ground alongside the stream.
David is keeping tabs on this.
5. Area meetings report. Mike – nothing specific to report. Martin has received an email from David Smith butno start times for area picnic walks.
6. Budget 2015/16. Alan to start drafting project for ad in local paper based on new recruitment leaflets.
Membership fee increase from 1st May 2016 (Lesley forwarded relevant email to the
Committee).
Welcome pack to new members – including new programme. Welcome to the group – send a programme with a compliments slip. Lesley to forward monthly membership
reports to Martin & David to chase up lapsed people.
7. Summer programme Ruth’s photo of lambs on cover of summer programme.
Mike – THCP someone went to Therfield Heath carpark by mistake. David stated it is
in the programme.
Sunday 5th June coach outing AND NORFOLK COAST – various walk lengths –
publish these in the programme. 6 morning + 5 mile afternoon walk options.
Martin – date – area – distance – contact info. All looks ok. Alan felt there should be
consistency with capitalisation eg. 3rd May garden centre cp should be in capitals.
All walks start at 10am with adjusted meeting times at Royston car parks if necessary.
Include date of June Committee meeting (Tues. 28th) and encourage people to raise
points for consideration.
Mike – 2nd Aug – near the Fox & Duck not in the CP.
11th August - No a in Furneux Pelham
p11 24th Sept Area Walks and Picnic – see inside back page.
15th Sept. Eric – Woodman PH overflow car park.
Area walk info page. Mike to find out starting times and contact Alan Cooper.
8. Coach trip  8am from Royston. Coach 2 hrs journey.
Walk starting from car park in Sandringham. lead by Martin 6.5 miles in the morning. Return to visitors’ centre – restaurants/facilities.
1.30 – 2pm coach will leave Sandringham to go to Thornham on NNCoast near
Hunstanton 5 ish miles afternoon walk. Late afternoon in Hunstanton. Alternatives:
can stay at Sandringham and pick stragglers up. Departure time from Hunstanton
5pm. Print a sheet with leader’s phone number. Martin to do and email round. Martin
and Mike to recce.
9. AOB
Eric on behalf of a couple of members – some walks 7 miles etc. go beyond. Too far.
Longer that it says in the programme. Martin to look into for next agenda. Ramblers
walking festival Sept 2016 (Lesley forwarded relevant email to the Committee).
Committee meeting Fri. 7th October. Please bring ideas to your committee for
discussion.
AGM 23rd October.
Next meeting Tues. 28th June to set the budget at Eric’s.
Meeting closed at 21.15.