Our walks are intended for members of the Ramblers' Association, but non-members are welcome to join any walk provided they contact the leader beforehand. However, if you want to walk frequently with us we would expect you to join the Ramblers. Dogs are not always welcome on walks: please ask first. See "Our group walks" on the right for details of up-coming walks organised by our groups.
1. If you want to join a walk, please telephone the contact person shown for the walk.
2. Bad weather may result in change of route or cancellation without notice.
3. Waterproof clothing, suitable footwear, and a packed lunch and drink are essential for most of these walks. For high mountain walks, you will also need to carry additional warm clothing.
4. Please ensure that you are fit enough to undertake any walk you intend to join; if in doubt, check with the leader.
5. Dogs are permitted on some, but not all, walks: check with the leader.
6. Where dogs are permitted, they must be on leads at all times.
7. You participate in these walks at your own risk.
Walking on your own
There is a vast amount of information about walking in the Lake District: maps, books, videos, and web sites. On your first visit to the Lake District, it's a good idea to visit local bookshops or tourist information centres, where you will find a wide selection of guide books for all kinds of walks.
John Dawson's Lake District Walks
Local walking clubs affiliated to the Ramblers' Association
Back to the Lake District Area page.
Saturday 25 May 2019Starting at 09:00A strenuous 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Saturday 25 May 2019Starting at 09:00A moderate 10 mile / 16.1 km walk
Sunday 26 May 2019Starting at 10:00A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Tuesday 28 May 2019Meeting at 09:00, Starting at 09:50A strenuous 10.5 mile / 16.9 km walk
Tuesday 28 May 2019Starting at 09:20A moderate 8 mile / 12.9 km walk
Wednesday 29 May 2019Starting at 09:15A strenuous 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Wednesday 29 May 2019Starting at 09:30A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Wednesday 29 May 2019Starting at 08:30A technical 13 mile / 20.9 km walk
Wednesday 29 May 2019Starting at 10:30A moderate 5 mile / 8 km walk
Wednesday 29 May 2019Starting at 09:00A strenuous 11 mile / 17.7 km walk
Thursday 30 May 2019Starting at 10:00A strenuous 8 mile / 12.9 km walk
Thursday 30 May 2019Meeting at 09:40, Starting at 10:30A strenuous 16 mile / 25.7 km walk