Our walks are intended for members of the Ramblers' Association, but non-members are welcome to join any walk provided they contact the leader beforehand. However, if you want to walk frequently with us we would expect you to join the Ramblers. Dogs are not always welcome on walks: please ask first. See "Our group walks" on the right for details of up-coming walks organised by our groups.
1. If you want to join a walk, please telephone the contact person shown for the walk.
2. Bad weather may result in change of route or cancellation without notice.
3. Waterproof clothing, suitable footwear, and a packed lunch and drink are essential for most of these walks. For high mountain walks, you will also need to carry additional warm clothing.
4. Please ensure that you are fit enough to undertake any walk you intend to join; if in doubt, check with the leader.
5. Dogs are permitted on some, but not all, walks: check with the leader.
6. Where dogs are permitted, they must be on leads at all times.
7. You participate in these walks at your own risk.
Walking on your own
There is a vast amount of information about walking in the Lake District: maps, books, videos, and web sites. On your first visit to the Lake District, it's a good idea to visit local bookshops or tourist information centres, where you will find a wide selection of guide books for all kinds of walks.
John Dawson's Lake District Walks
Local walking clubs affiliated to the Ramblers' Association
Back to the Lake District Area page.
Friday 29 May 2020Meeting at 09:30, Starting at 10:15A moderate 8 mile / 12.9 km walk
Monday 1 June 2020Meeting at 08:30, Starting at 09:30A technical 10 mile / 16.1 km walk
Thursday 4 June 2020Starting at 10:00A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Friday 5 June 2020Meeting at 09:30, Starting at 10:30A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Friday 5 June 2020Meeting at 09:30, Starting at 10:30A leisurely 5 mile / 8 km walk
Monday 8 June 2020Meeting at 08:30, Starting at 09:00A moderate 10 mile / 16.1 km walk
Friday 12 June 2020Meeting at 09:30, Starting at 10:00A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Monday 15 June 2020Meeting at 09:00, Starting at 10:15A strenuous 8 mile / 12.9 km walk
Wednesday 17 June 2020Starting at 10:00A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Monday 22 June 2020Meeting at 08:30, Starting at 10:00A strenuous 9 mile / 14.5 km walk
Wednesday 24 June 2020Starting at 09:30A strenuous 7 mile / 11.3 km walk
Friday 26 June 2020Meeting at 09:30, Starting at 10:15A moderate 7 mile / 11.3 km walk