These moderate (5 – 6.5 miles) walks occur regularly. They are circular and start at 10am prompt from the location listed in the calendar. If you would like to go you will need to contact Mike Gale (0116 224 0949), email: email@example.com for confirmation.
Saturday All Day
Way of Working: The Way of Working complies with current Government Regulations and Ramblers UK Guidelines. Ramblers UK is recognised by the UK Government as a “Sporting Group” and has specific exemptions which are detailed on the Ramblers UK Website https://www.ramblers.org.uk
1. Walkers will contact the Walk Leader to book their place on the walk by email or if absolutely necessary by phone/messaging. The Walk Leader will confirm place, start time and location (which may differ slightly from that published). Booking Closure 1000hrs on the day before the Walk. Regular walkers can book their place during a walk “one to one” with the Walk Leader.
2. All Walkers must register themselves on to the Group Walk Register/Risk Assessment and declare their contact telephone/mobile number prior to starting the Walk.
3. Saturday Walkers will walk in groups of up to 15. However, previous experience shows that the group size will usually be considerably smaller than this and only occasionally reaches double figures. A Walk Leader is free to split the party into two groups by providing a second leader.
4. Sharing of lifts has resumed without a central meet up point. Car sharing is arranged between walkers. Contact the walks coordinator if more information is required.
5. At the start of the walk the Walk Leader must always reference the Risk Assessment. Placing emphasis on compliance for the foreseeable future with Government Guidelines in the context of the Coronavirus Pandemic and identify any specific hazards eg major roads, slip and trips, stiles and animals etc.
6. Saturday all day walks are relatively strenuous and at a relatively fast pace. They are between 13 and 18 miles, with most likely to be 14-15 miles in length
Sunday Coach Rambles
We are hoping to recommence later in the year when things are more settled. We are reviewing the format of the walks to ensure that they offer a variety of walks suitable for walkers of different abilities from a gentle stroll to a good day's hike. Watch this space!
Sunday All Day
All-day Sunday Walk 10 to 12 miles
The Sunday All-Day walks have been giving pleasure for many years, and are the oldest part of the Leicester Group Programme, and usually start in Leicestershire. We warmly invite you to take part.
These walks are classed as strenuous by the Ramblers Association nationally, because they are 10-12 miles long, and around 5 hours of walking. Paths are usually unsurfaced, can be muddy or overgrown, and there will be hills and stiles. We take a break in the morning and afternoon, also a lunch-break of 30-40 minutes. We are very willing to stop for an extra breather on request, so don’t be shy.
You need good footwear and suitable clothing for the weather – a waterproof jacket is usually essential. You also need food and drink. A pub-stop may be possible at lunchtime, but is not guaranteed, and ordering food there would take too long.
If you are new, then phone the leader a day or two beforehand, they will clarify the meeting-point & look out for you, and you can give your mobile phone number. The leader will need a list of the names of all walkers on the day, and (until the end of Covid precautions) they will also need a contact number for the use of Contact Tracing.
Alan and Mary Rooks
Easy Walks (Trial)
We are currently trialling a new Easy Walk Group on Tuesdays alongside the current Moderate Group Walks.
These Easy Walks are defined as circa 4-5 Miles, firm footpaths, relatively flat walks generally starting and ending at the same place/pub as the Moderate Walk Group (5.5-6.5 Miles).
For details please refer to the calendar below or the list on the right of this page - blue box.
For further details & booking for all these walks: Tony Richards at:
These are short walks (5.5 to 6.5 miles) which start at 10 am from the venue specified. At the end of the walk an optional lunch is arranged at a local pub. See calendar for details.
Way of Working: The Way of Working complies with current Government Regulations and Ramblers UK Guidelines. Ramblers UK is recognised by the UK Government as a “Sporting Group” and has specific exemptions which are detailed on the Ramblers UK Website https://www.ramblers.org.uk.
A leisurely walk of approximately 4 miles in length, ending at a pub for optional socialising. Especially suitable for beginners to rambling, and to family groups.
Please note that all walks start at 7.00 pm. Contact Dave Bell (0116 233 4681) for more details.
All walks start at 9.30am unless otherwise stated. They are circular about 10-12 miles in winter and about 13 miles in summer. Bring sandwiches and a drink for lunch.
For further information and start point and parking please contact the walk leader or telephone John Jackson on (0116) 2865735.
Sunday 19 September 2021Starting at 10:00A strenuous 11 mile / 17.7 km walk
Tuesday 21 September 2021Starting at 10:00A moderate 6 mile / 9.7 km walk
Tuesday 21 September 2021Starting at 10:00A leisurely 4 mile / 6.4 km walk
Thursday 23 September 2021Starting at 10:00A moderate 6 mile / 9.7 km walk
Thursday 23 September 2021Starting at 09:30A moderate 12 mile / 19.3 km walk
Saturday 25 September 2021Starting at 09:00A strenuous 14 mile / 22.5 km walk