Way of Working: The Way of Working complies with current Government Regulations and Ramblers UK Guidelines. Ramblers UK is recognised by the UK Government as a “Sporting Group” and has specific exemptions which are detailed on the Ramblers UK Website https://www.ramblers.org.uk
Saturday Morning 6 miles
These moderate (5 – 6.5 miles) walks occur regularly. They are circular and start at 10am prompt from the location listed in the calendar. If you would like to go you will need to contact Mike Gale (0116 224 0949), email: firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation. Unfortunately currently suspended
Saturday All Day Walks 14 miles
1. Walkers are encouraged to contact the Walk Leader to book their place on the walk by email (or if necessary by phone/messaging). The Walk Leader will confirm place, start time and location (which may differ slightly from that published). Regular walkers can book their place during a walk with the Walk Leader of the next walk.
2. All Walkers must register themselves on to the Group Walk Register/Risk Assessment and declare their contact telephone/mobile number prior to starting the Walk.
3. Saturday all day walk group size tends to be small and only occasionally reaches double figures.
4. Saturday all day walks take place in many locations outside of Leicestershire. Sharing of lifts has resumed and car sharing is arranged between walkers. Contact the walks coordinator if more information is required.
5. Before the walk the Walk Leader must make all aware of the Risk Assessment. This will reference possible risks with regard to the Coronavirus Pandemic and specific hazards e.g. major roads, slip and trips, stiles, animals, etc.
6. Saturday all day walks are relatively strenuous and at a relatively fast pace. They are between 13 and 18 miles, with most likely to be 13 -15 miles in length.
7. The Walk Leader will advise walkers whether the route has been pre-walked. Some Saturday all day walks are pre-walked but many are not.
Sunday Coach Rambles
The monthly Sunday Coach Rambles resumed in April 2022. The format of the walks has been reviewed to ensure that they offer a variety of walks suitable for walkers of different abilities from a gentle stroll to a good day's hike. Details appear on the published walks programme. For further information please contact the Sunday Coach Rambles secretary Eileen Pott email@example.com or phone 07563 650745
Sunday All Day 10 miles
The Sunday All-Day walks have been giving pleasure for many years, and are the oldest part of the Leicester Group Programme, and usually start in Leicestershire. We warmly invite you to take part.
These walks are classed as strenuous by the Ramblers Association nationally, because they are 10-12 miles long, and around 5 hours of walking. Paths are usually unsurfaced, can be muddy or overgrown, and there will be hills and stiles. We take a break in the morning and afternoon, also a lunch-break of 30-40 minutes. We are very willing to stop for an extra breather on request, so don’t be shy.
You need good footwear and suitable clothing for the weather – a waterproof jacket is usually essential. You also need food and drink. A pub-stop may be possible at lunchtime, but is not guaranteed, and ordering food there would take too long.
If you are new, then phone the leader a day or two beforehand, they will clarify the meeting-point & look out for you, and you can give your mobile phone number. The leader will need a list of the names of all walkers on the day, and (until the end of Covid precautions) they will also need a contact number for the use of Contact Tracing.
Alan and Mary Rooks
4 Miles Leisurely
Our Leisurely Walks are aimed at both new members wishing to try a rambling taster session and/or experienced members who find that they no longer wish to walk longer distances. Our Leisurely Walks where possible will avoid steep inclines and multiple stiles, take time to explore local points of interest and admire the views whilst achieving around one and half miles per hour. The emphasis is on providing an opportunity to exercise and to meet old and new friends within the relaxed atmosphere of a diverse walking group and a pub lunch.
At the beginning of the walk the Walk Leader will outline the route of the walk, the terrain, presence of farm animals, roads/rail crossings and any specific risks.
6 Miles Moderate
Our Moderate Walks are aimed at members looking for a good walk in the countryside within the relaxed atmosphere of a diverse walking group and a pub lunch. The Moderate Short Walks may encounter moderate ascents/descents, stiles, muddy paths/bridleways, minor roads and farm animals whilst achieving around two to two and a half miles per hour. The emphasis is on providing an opportunity to exercise and to meet old and new friends within a relaxed atmosphere of a diverse walking group and a pub lunch.
For details of either the 4 m Leisurely or the 6 m Moderate Walk Programme refer to the calendar on the opening page or the list of Group Walks on the right of this page - blue box. If you are new to the group and wish to join a Walk please contact the Walk Leader.
For further details please contact Tony Richards, Tuesday Walk Programme Organiser by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday Evening 4 miles
A leisurely walk of approximately 4 miles in length, ending at a pub for optional socialising. Especially suitable for beginners to rambling, and to family groups.
Please note that all walks start at 7.00 pm. Contact Dave Bell (0116 233 4681) for more details.
Thursday Morning 6 miles
These are short walks (5.5 to 6.5 miles) which start at 10 am from the venue specified. At the end of the walk an optional lunch is arranged at a local pub. See calendar for details.
Thursday Morning 12 miles
All walks start at 9.30am unless otherwise stated. They are circular about 10-12 miles in winter and about 13 miles in summer. Bring sandwiches and a drink for lunch.
For further information and start point and parking please contact the walk leader or telephone John Jackson on (0116) 2865735.
Saturday 2 July 2022Starting at 09:30A strenuous 14 mile / 22.5 km walk
Sunday 3 July 2022Starting at 10:00A moderate 11 mile / 17.7 km walk
Tuesday 5 July 2022Starting at 10:00A moderate 6 mile / 9.7 km walk
Tuesday 5 July 2022Starting at 10:00A leisurely 4 mile / 6.4 km walk
Wednesday 6 July 2022Starting at 19:00A leisurely 4 mile / 6.4 km walk
Thursday 7 July 2022Starting at 09:30A moderate 12 mile / 19.3 km walk
Monday 5 September 2022 at 19:00Social