The Volunteering Development Manager – Communications (Network Support Manager) is a key part of the Volunteering Development team, advising and delivering central communications across about 20,000 volunteers. As we expand our support for volunteers and volunteering, the importance of keeping information flowing between and across Ramblers GB is vital.
A complex structure, with over a thousand different teams of volunteers, some of the more traditional groups have a standard committee structure. Respecting the history that comes with many decades of volunteers delivering activities and services in their community is a given. At the same time though, the organisation is growing and expanding with new structures, roles and schemes. Whether it’s working with new partners, attracting diverse volunteers or transitioning roles to make sure they remain relevant, effective communications and change management will make sure that the Ramblers can continue to deliver now and in future.
This role is part of the Operations and Volunteering Directorate.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
• Experience of volunteering development, preferably in a UK-wide charity
• Experience of working with and supporting volunteers remotely
• Ability to write accurate and engaging communications for a volunteer audience
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities, keeping to budget/timescale
• Collaborative working, with staff and volunteers
• Good attention to detail
• Outstanding written communication skills, including spelling and grammar
• Engaging and confident public speaker
• Ability to develop and write engaging volunteer propositions and marketing
• Detailed knowledge of volunteer management best practice
Role: Volunteering Development Manager - Communications
Reporting to: Head of Volunteering Development
Location: Vauxhall, London
Closing date: 01 September 2019
Interviews date: 12 September 2019 to 12 September 2019
Contact name: Sophie Wellings