The Volunteering Network Communications Manager (Network Support Manager) is a key part of the Volunteering Development team, delivering and advising on inspiring and effective central communications to our 18,000 volunteers. As we expand our support for volunteers and volunteering, the importance of keeping up to date and relevant information flowing between and across Ramblers GB is vital.
Ramblers volunteers are dispersed geographically and aligned to the Areas and Groups who oversee and deliver our walking offer as well as being attached to specific projects related to our campaigning and policy work. Respecting the history that comes with many decades of volunteers delivering activities and services in their community is a given. At the same time though, the organisation is growing and expanding with new structures, roles and schemes. Whether it’s working with new partners, attracting diverse volunteers or transitioning roles to make sure they remain relevant, effective communications and change management will make sure that the Ramblers can continue to deliver now and in future.
This role is part of the Operations and Volunteering Directorate.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
• Up to date skills and experience of using a range of different media to communicate with volunteers as well as being an effective communicator
• Ability to write accurate and engaging communications for a volunteer audience
• The post holder needs to have an understanding of the nature of the volunteer relationship and how communications can play a key role in developing and enhancing the relationship.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities, keeping to budget/timelines
• Collaborative working, with staff and volunteers
• Good attention to detail
• Outstanding written communication skills, including spelling and grammar
• Ability to develop and write engaging volunteer propositions and marketing
• Detailed knowledge of how to effectively employ a range of different communications media and software packages to support communications.
Role: Volunteering Network Communications Manager
Contract: Permanent full time
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 depending on experience
Reporting to: Head of Volunteering Development
Location: Vauxhall, London
Closing date: 06 October 2019
Interviews date: 15 October 2019 to 15 October 2019
Contact name: Sophie Wellings