Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
We are looking for an experienced management accountant who can support our staff to delivery the Ramblers charitable aims. You will coordinate the annual budgetary process, together with longer term budgeting and regular reforecasts in conjunction with the Financial Controller and support budget holders to better understand the financial information we give them. You will produce monthly management accounts to internal deadlines and assist with the year end audit process including accounts submitted by our volunteer treasurers. You will also work alongside the Financial Controller to support project accounting, and manage and develop the finance team who are responsible for day to day accounting processes.
This role is part of the Services Directorate.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
Essential Requirements include:
• Strong oral communication and presentation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft products and databases, particularly Excel
• High standard and accuracy of written work.
• Ability to prioritise, manage own work load and meet tight deadlines
• Familiarity with SUN and Q&A financial software
• Experience of Staff Management
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Experience of finance within a charity.
• Experience in producing budgets, forecasts, long term planning, in environments with multiple budget holders.
• Experience of VAT in charities.
• Experience in project accounting.
• Experience of dealing with senior managers.
• Experience in delivering training to non-finance individuals
• Qualified (CCAB) with an understanding of charity accounting.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
The job profile and person specification can be found here: Job Pack – Management Accountant
Application is by completed Application is by CV, covering letter and EO monitoring form available here
Completed forms or applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org