This week, the Ramblers is proud to be the People’s Postcode Lottery’s Charity of the Week and we would like to say a huge thank you to players for their support. Together, we have helped everyone, everywhere, enjoy walking and protected the places we all love to walk. Some of the ways that this has made a difference includes:
- In 2018 we trained 700 volunteers, so they are skilled in maintaining and protecting our path network.
- We have an enhanced walking environment. In 2018, one of our path maintenance groups logged over 2000 hours of volunteering!
- More residents are now connected to their local green spaces. As part of our Festival of Winter Walks in 2018, 165,000 people got involved in the campaign.
- Many of our members have gained physical and mental health benefits of walking with us and have become less isolated from connecting with others.
- As part of our Don’t Lose Your Way project, hundreds of people have become inspired to take action in the search for lost rights of way, to expand where we can walk.
- We’ve attracted new walkers to our group led walks. In 2018, we ran 78,000 Ramblers Walking for Health walks with 60,000 people.
To celebrate, we have launched a competition for players of People’s Postcode Lottery to win a one-year Ramblers membership. If you’re a player or know someone who is and who is also a keen rambler, get them to enter our competition by Sunday 23 June.
Our CEO Vanessa Griffiths said, “We are hugely grateful for the continued support of players of People’s Postcode Lottery which will directly and indirectly enable us to continue our transformative journey and enable us to support more people to become happier and healthier because they ramble.”
Watch our video to hear more about the incredible impact of players’ support.