Our impact – what we have achieved
Discover the successes our members and volunteers have helped achieve
Join today and be part of the biggest and most vibrant community of walkers in Britain.
Take the simple step of joining the Ramblers and you’ll help fight for the things that matter most to walkers.
Historically, the Ramblers have been key to achieving
- the creation of National Parks and long-distance footpaths such as the Pennine Way
- open access to over a million hectares of English and Welsh countryside and mountains
- unhindered access to open countryside in Scotland
- the creation of the Wales Coast Path.
We continue to achieve so much together...
- We safeguarded 140,000 miles of public paths andopen land, ensuring more people can experience the joy of walking outdoors.
- We found over 49,000 miles of lost paths in England and Wales, which we’re working to save over the coming years
- We helped save the internationally protected dunes at Coul Links in Sutherland Scotland from damaging development in 2020.
For every £1 we receive, 84p is spent on protecting access to green spaces, and the paths, tracks and trails that lead us to them – and making sure everyone can enjoy the benefits of walking.
Join us and help make a difference
You’ll be the driving force behind preserving and improving the paths, tracks and trails we all love. Together we’ll increase access to green spaces, open up more places to walk and boost Britain’s wellbeing one step at a time.
You can find out more about what we do and our finances in our annual report.
Join the Ramblers
Get more out of your walks when you join the Ramblers. Discover new places, more ways to boost your wellbeing and help to protect the places we love to walk. Join the Ramblers today.