Welcome to Telford and East Shropshire Ramblers – come walk with us and explore some of the most beautiful, historic and interesting places in England.
We campaign for improvements to our rights of way network, working with local councils to protect footpaths and open new routes.
Our paths maintenance working party team helps keep our paths clear and open.
The AGM this year will be held at Coalbrookdale and Ironbridge Community Centre, 2 Wellington Road, Telford TF8 7DX on Friday 17 November 2023 at 7:00pm.
Our guest speaker will be Amber Bicheno of Severn Gorge Countryside Trust followed by an informal social gathering with lots of lovely refreshments.
Enjoy rambles with our friendly leaders, local people who know the best places in Telford, East Shropshire and beyond to explore.
We can take you “All around The Wrekin”, to a World Heritage Site, through the spectacular Ironbridge Gorge and over the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We also ramble through the Welsh borders and neighbouring Staffordshire and Worcestershire.
We walk mostly on Thursdays and Sundays, and sometimes end up with a pub or café social. It's a great way to get outside and make new friends. Walking is a treat for body and soul.
Join us if you enjoy walking and want to protect the places where we all love to walk. We want to share the joy of walking with you. Our walks listings tell you where and when to meet, what to bring with you, a description of the walk and whether you can bring your dog. We welcome people from all walks of life, backgrounds, gender and age groups.
Join us if you want to:
• explore beautiful and interesting places in great company.
• meet new friends.
• stay fit, boost your health and happiness.
• discover our industrial heritage, ancient market towns and villages.
• hear fascinating stories about local legends, people and places.
• enjoy seeing wildlife in our many nature reserves.
• find new routes using the Ramblers app.
• get discounts on walking gear.
• join group trips and holidays.
• keep our paths and countryside open and accessible to walkers.