Step up to protect the pleasures of walking by becoming a Ramblers volunteer.
Volunteers are our driving force.
Come and join us.
Without people like you coming forward we simply would not be able to achieve so much in the countryside and in our green spaces. Help us make that difference. Bring your enthusiasm and get stuck in. We welcome people whatever your age, background or experience. Together we can achieve so much more.
Choose from a range of roles
As a Ramblers volunteer, you’ll be part of a committed community of walkers working together to open the way for everyone to enjoy the simple pleasures of walking and protect the places we all love to wander. And there are plenty of ways to get stuck in!
Here are some of our current opportunities:
- Don’t Lose Your Way Researcher - Help us find paths that could be lost forever unless we come together to save them.
- Mapping Scotland's paths volunteer – Help us to develop a pioneering Scotland-wide path network for the benefit of all.
- Area or Group chair – Join a local group and help support and coordinate local activities. Being part of a committee brings many rewards.
- Walk leader – take your walking to the next level by sharing your passion and leading walks.
- Path maintenance – help to open the way by clearing blocked paths and fixing broken stiles.
- Committee member - help to support and coordinate the activities of your local group.
Or contact us via email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.