Group name: Oldham
This group is a part of Greater Manchester & High Peak Area.
Our activities include:
Path maintenance, Short and easy walks
Oldham group helps local people enjoy walking and protect the places we all love to walk.
We are a very active group offering throughout the year:
- Two walking groups on Sundays - easy and moderate.
- One Wednesday walk with pub lunch/ an easy or moderate day walk.
- The 5 Milers - Easy walks under 5miles.
- Social activities.
- Occasional Coach Excursions and Hostel Weekends for members.
- Liaison with local authorities on footpaths and other matters concerning walkers.
- A footpath clearance team.
You’re very welcome to try walking with us, or to get involved in looking after paths and green spaces and opening up new places to explore. Just turn up at the starting point with your boots, waterproofs and some lunch. If you enjoy your day with us it's just a case of becoming a member.
Dogs are only accepted on walks at the discretion of the leader and must be kept on a SHORT lead at all times. Please check first, some leaders have stated NO DOGS.
2017 Social Events
24th March 2nights dinner bed and breakfast at HF holidays Sedbergh - email email@example.com for more details.
YHA hostel weekends - 3nights 28th April Patterdale and 2 nights 29th September Grasmere - email debek67 @hotmail.com
Our group also has a page on facebook called Oldham Ramblers.