Group name: Oldham
This group is a part of Greater Manchester & High Peak Area.
Our activities include:
Path maintenance, Short and easy walks
Oldham group helps local people enjoy walking and protect the places we all love to walk.
We are a very active group offering throughout the year:
- Two walking groups on Sundays - easy and moderate.
- One Wednesday walk with pub lunch/ an easy or moderate day walk.
- The 5 Milers - Easy walks under 5miles.
- Summer Evening walks. 3 - 4 miles.
- Social activities.
- Occasional Coach Excursions and Hostel Weekends for members.
- Liaison with local authorities on footpaths and other matters concerning walkers.
- A footpath clearance team.
You’re very welcome to try walking with us, or to get involved in looking after paths and green spaces and opening up new places to explore. Just turn up at the starting point with your boots, waterproofs and some lunch. If you enjoy your day with us it's just a case of becoming a member.
Dogs are only accepted on walks at the discretion of the leader and must be kept on a SHORT lead at all times. Please check first, some leaders have stated Registered Assistance dogs only and they should contact the walk leader in advance to discuss requirements.
HF Weekend at Sedbergh, 2 or 3 nights 13th March 2020. Contact Debbie at - email@example.com
Alfa coach holiday with John and Marion, Exmouth 12th - 18th April 2020. Contact Marion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our group also has a page on facebook called Oldham Ramblers.