Group name: Huddersfield
This group is a part of West Riding Area.
Our activities include:
Welcome to walking with Huddersfield Group! Our packed programme includes
- an "A" grade walk every Sunday, usually 10-13 miles, often in the beautiful countryside around Huddersfield, sometimes further afield
- on many Sundays, a "B" grade walk, usually 6-9 miles
- monthly "A+" grade walks on Saturdays for those who enjoy something more energetic!
- in summer, monthly "A-Minus" grade walks on Saturdays for those who would like a good walk of 9-11 miles, but at a slightly slower pace than most of our Sunday walks
- walks of up to 5 miles on Tuesday evenings in summer
- Our "See walks" (C-grade walks), offering an easy monthly Saturday walk of 4 to 5 miles, especially aimed at families, those looking to become more active or to return to fitness, and people new to walking with us.
All our walks are circular unless otherwise stated.
We care about our footpath network, and work with Kirklees Council, our local authority, and other volunteer groups to protect these. Our lively social scene includes meals out, events and holidays.
COVID-19 UPDATE (16 June 2021)
With the easing of Covid restrictions, the committee of Huddersfield Ramblers has decided that there is no requirement for walkers to book to attend our Group's walks after 20 June 2021. For all walks after this date, simply turn up at the start of the walk at the appropriate time. There will no longer be a 30-person limit. Please note that other Ramblers Groups may have different arrangements in place.
We are still required to follow Ramblers Covid-safe guidelines, and so at the start of the walk the leader will ask for your name and phone number for NHS Test and Trace purposes. This requirement was previously met by the booking system.