Group name: Huddersfield
This group is a part of West Riding Area.
Our activities include:
Welcome to walking with Huddersfield Group! Our packed programme includes
- an "A" grade walk every Sunday, usually 10-13 miles, often in the beautiful countryside around Huddersfield, sometimes further afield
- on many Sundays, a "B" grade walk, usually 6-9 miles
- monthly "A+" grade walks on Saturdays for those who enjoy something more energetic!
- in summer, monthly "A-Minus" grade walks on Saturdays for those who would like a good walk of 9-11 miles, but at a slightly slower pace than most of our Sunday walks
- walks of up to 5 miles on Tuesday evenings in summer
- Our "See walks" (C-grade walks), offering an easy monthly Saturday walk of 4 to 5 miles, especially aimed at families, those looking to become more active or to return to fitness, and people new to walking with us.
All our walks are circular unless otherwise stated.
We care about our footpath network, and work with Kirklees Council, our local authority, and other volunteer groups to protect these. Our lively social scene includes meals out, events and holidays.
COVID-19 UPDATE (29 December 2021)
All our walks are currently proceeding without restrictions. We will update this page if this changes in line with Government legislation and guidance from Ramblers Central Office.