South Craven Walking 4 Health (SCW4H) is a friendly group providing the opportunity to join walks to benefit from some exercise in the company of others. Set up in 2008, SCW4H is a volunteer led scheme. We aim to support people to become and stay active, in particular those:
- Having chronic health problems
- Recuperating from major illness, operations or injury
- With mental and emotional health to help lift mood
- Needing a break from the stresses of life including work
- With sedentary lifestyles wishing to improve their fitness
- Neither able nor confident to walk alone.
Currently we walk on Monday Mornings - walk programmes are provided. Our walks are between 30 - 90 minutes and with pace, length, gradient and duration to suit different abilities. We have varied routes in and around South Craven villages. Shared transport to the walk starts and refreshments after the walks are arranged. In addition to the health benefits, walkers are able to:
- See and enjoy our splendid local scenery
- Share heritage knowledge
- Meet new people and have fun!
You are welcome to join us but we recommend that initially you get in touch with our Membership Secretary to check out the suitability of our walks for you.
If you are passionate about walking and are keen to share your expertise and enthusiasm with others as a walk leader, we are also keen to hear from you.
Ramblers Wellbeing Walks South Craven is part of the Ramblers Wellbeing Walks North Yorkshire group.
Membership Secretary: Pat Mowatt, 01535-635505
General enquiries: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR AN ACTIVE LIFE WALK WITH US!