Group name: Grantham
This group is a part of Lincolnshire Area.
Our activities include:
Short and easy walks, Family-friendly walks, Dog-friendly walks
PLEASE NOTE: THIS SUNDAY'S WALK FROM KETTON HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO HIGH TEMPERATURES.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A BIG win for the Grantham 2022 Goodban Trophy
Sunday 12th June, 4 members of Grantham Group entered the Goodban Trophy Treasure Hunt, the first time for many years. Imagine our surprise when we won with a total of 96 points. The last time Grantham Group won was 1992!
The team comprised Diane & Pete Lilburn and Doreen & Andy Chapman.
Many thanks to Sleaford Group for organising the event especially to Mike and Julie for
researching the clues, some of which were very hard!
Spring time around Folkingham, lead by Roz
"A warm welcome awaits you"
The Grantham walking group invites you to join them on one of their Thursday leisurely 4 to 6 miles or Sunday 8 to 10 miles walks.
Not sure? The facts:
- Enjoying a good walk with your family or friends is a lovely way to spend a day.
- Improve your health and well being. The health benefits of walking are well known and GPs now recommend a short brisk walk every day.
- Some of the leaders are happy to share their local knowledge and take us to some interesting local places.
- We very much welcome people of all age groups. Please see the story of Jacob who introduced his daughter to the enjoyment of walking.
- We organise some social events including a skittles evening.
You’re very welcome to join us for a few walks (free), before you decide to become a member. All walks are leisurely or moderate and are usually within 20 miles of Grantham. We have a morning coffee stop on all walks and on Sunday walks we also have a picnic lunch stop. Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control at all times please. Please join us for a enjoyable walk - we look forward to welcoming you.
2022 Walking programme (to print)
The Area Annual Report and Accounts booklet is now available to view or download from the front page of the area website: www.lincolnshireramblers.org.uk
Note for all walk leaders - please send any photos taken on walks to Jacob
for inclusion in our photo gallery. (email@example.com)