Mobile App Status
Last updated: 21/11/2023
This page is being used to communicate to members and volunteers the status of any reported issues while using the Ramblers Mobile App.
Before reporting an issue, please check if it is already covered on this page. If your issue is not listed, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are continuously reviewing Zendesk queries and feedback form submissions, so if you have raised an issue that isn't listed, please allow us a few more days to check for any other reported issues.
These issues are logged for resolution:
- Issues with the newly launched Google Pixel 8 phone loading the app are being investigated.
- Intermittent issue with being unable to login to the app
- The 'View PDF' button on Routes is pointing to an incorrect location.
- On iOS, the 'Starting Point' text on a route is not clickable when viewing from the map (takes you to route detail instead), preventing it from being opened in a mapping app.
- On iOS, when selecting 'Get Help' within the 'More' menu, the footer menu turns to white and is not readable
- On some Android devices the selecting walkers from a Walk Register opens up an Alarms and Settings menu outside of the app.
- On all devices, Walk Leader details are not being displayed correctly or leaving a blank space. This also includes alternate contact details.
- On all devices, additional information and website link is not being displayed.
- Special characters within walk titles are causing the titles to be displayed incorrectly in some cases.
- HTML encoding is being shown in walks descriptions and the desired display for the website (e.g. bold text etc. is not being shown)
The following issues have been addressed:
- Sporadic crashes on Android devices when loading the app, or completing a Walk Register (significantly reduced).
- The 'Set Dates' filter is not always returning walks associated with the selected date (for example, 1 May - 10 May returning walks from 2 May onwards, excluding 1 May).
- Some group walks that are published to the website not appearing in the app as expected.
- Some individuals not appearing within the Walk Register list as expected. (fixed 15 May 2023)
- Searching for a route using 'My Location' on iOS devices displays routes for Edinburgh only. (fixed 16 June 2023)
- Some walks are duplicated, listing twice within the app. (fixed 16 June 2023)
If you are not seeing walks within the app that you expect to be visible, please report it to email@example.com stating the walk title and which operating platform you are using (i.e. Android or iOS).
We will continue to work on updates for both Android and iOS devices over the coming weeks. We welcome suggestions for improving the Ramblers App and will carefully review each suggestion we receive and consider the feasibility, value, and alignment with Ramblers goals. Our aim is to continually improve the experience you receive from the app.
Here are some of the items under review at present:
- The removal of the second authentication screen when creating a Walk Register
- The addition of extra walk details, including ascent, difficulty, kms, estimated finish time, and
- Improvements to the search functions of the app to better define Group Walks, and Wellbeing Walks
You can share additional future feature requests via firstname.lastname@example.org
This page displays status updates for the new website. We want to communicate to volunteers the status of any reported issues while using Walks Manager or the new website.