Sunday, 13 December 2020
Start time: 10:30
(Estimated finish time: 15:00)
Leisurely 8 miles / 12.9 km
Introduction: This is a leisurely eight-mile walk along the Midland Link path for towards Beausale, Haseley Knob. A section is on minor roads then returning by Chase Lane back to the church.
A walk for reasonably fit people with at least a little country walking experience. May include unsurfaced rural paths. Walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended.
Description: The walk starts at the car park and we walk towards the castle and then heading south west towards Beausale, up to Honiley on quiet minor roads, then back to Kenilworth along Chase Lane and footpaths.
Number of places available: There are 10 places on the walk that includes the leaders.
Booking requirement: Please book with Sandra at least 48 hours before the walk. If you are unable to attend, please let her know so someone else can have your place. Don't just turn up ...
Meet at Abbey Fields car park (free parking on Sundays) at 10:15 for a 10:30 start.
Grid reference: SP286724
Nearest postcode: CV8 1BQ
Start time: 10:30
This is a circular walk
What to wear:
• Wear suitable clothing and footwear for the conditions -- if in doubt contact Sandra. Bring a waterproof jacket and don’t forget the sunscreen and a hat.
What to bring:
• Bring your own food and plenty of water. Anything you don’t eat you can take home.
• Hand sanitiser and face covering for the unexpected…
Staying safe arrangements:
During the walk:
• Consider your hygiene precautions outside, take hand sanitiser with you.
• Avoid touching stiles or gates where possible.
• Don’t share food and drink or equipment such as walking poles.
• Walk responsibly: keep two meters apart from other walkers not in your household.
• When other walker are passing remember to stand back and give way.
• Let the walk leader know if you are having problems, feel unwell or need to slow down or stop.
If after the walk:
• Wash your hands as soon as you get indoors.
• If you develop symptoms, apply for the covid-19 test and support the NHS contact tracing if requested.
Give us a try!
This is one of hundreds of Ramblers group walks for all ages and abilities every week - all led by our experienced walk leaders.
You’re welcome to join us on any of our walks to see if the Ramblers is for you. Then, once you’ve enjoyed the views, fun, exhilaration and good company, it’s just a case of becoming a member.
Do make sure you're fit enough and have the right footwear and clothing for the walk you want to do, though. You can contact the group or leader if in doubt.