Why not join us on an 8-mile canal and bluebell woods walk from the charming village of Wootton Wawen, with an option to stay for a drink/meal afterwards?
We shall meet at 10.15 for a 10.30 start, from the car park behind the Navigation Pub, Stratford Road, Wootton Wawen B95 6BZ.
A reservation has been made for 3pm for those who want to stop for a drink/meal after the walk. Please book with Les.
This is a circular walk
All group walks will be run in line with the guidelines issued by the government and Ramblers. Please follow all safety advice given by the walk leader, including the latest guidelines on physical distancing.
This walk is for reasonably fit people with a little country walking experience. It may include unsurfaced rural paths. Walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended.
What to wear:
• Wear suitable clothing and footwear for the conditions -- if in doubt contact the leader. Bring a waterproof jacket and don’t forget the sunscreen and a hat.
What to bring:
• Bring your own food and plenty of water.
• Hand sanitiser and face covering for the unexpected…
Staying safe arrangements:
During the walk:
• Consider your hygiene precautions outside, take hand sanitiser with you.
• Avoid touching stiles or gates where possible.
• Don’t share food and drink or equipment such as walking poles.
• Walk responsibly: keep two meters apart from other walkers not in your household.
• When other walker are passing remember to stand back and give way.
• Let the walk leader know if you are having problems, feel unwell or need to slow down or stop.
After the walk:
• Wash your hands as soon as you get indoors.
• If you develop symptoms, apply for the covid-19 test and support the NHS contact tracing if requested.