Sunday, 1 August 2021
Start time: 10:00
(Estimated finish time: 15:45)
Moderate 10 miles / 16.1 km
A relatively gentle walk in the tranquil Vale of Evenlode. It has lovely Cotswold views, going through the village of Evenlode itself.
It then passes through Chastleton, where there is the magnificent Jacobean Chastleton House, owned by the National Trust. This has a fairly peaceful history, but felt the repercussions of the Gunpowder Plot (1605) and the Battle of Worcester (1651).
Next to the house is St Mary’s Church which dates from 1100.
Park and meet in Old Market Way car park, Station Road, GL56 0JY. what3words:bloodshot.tables.cement
The car park is free on Sundays.
Grid reference: SP206325
Nearest postcode: GL56 0JY
Start time: 10:00
This is a circular walk
What to wear:
• Wear suitable clothing and footwear for the conditions -- if in doubt contact the leader. Bring a waterproof jacket and don’t forget the sunscreen and a hat.
What to bring:
• Bring your own food and plenty of water.
• Hand sanitiser and face covering for the unexpected…
Staying safe arrangements:
During the walk:
• Consider your hygiene precautions outside, take hand sanitiser with you.
• Avoid touching stiles or gates where possible.
• Don’t share food and drink or equipment such as walking poles.
• Walk responsibly: keep two meters apart from other walkers not in your household.
• When other walkers are passing remember to stand back and give way.
• Let the walk leader know if you are having problems, feel unwell or need to slow down or stop.
After the walk:
• Wash your hands as soon as you get indoors.
• If you develop symptoms, apply for the covid-19 test and support the NHS contact tracing if requested.
Give us a try!
This is one of hundreds of Ramblers group walks for all ages and abilities every week - all led by our experienced walk leaders.
You’re welcome to join us on any of our walks to see if the Ramblers is for you. Then, once you’ve enjoyed the views, fun, exhilaration and good company, it’s just a case of becoming a member.
Do make sure you're fit enough and have the right footwear and clothing for the walk you want to do, though. You can contact the group or leader if in doubt.