This is a circular walk
Meet outside the main entrance to Higginson Park in Marlow (junction of High Street and Pound Lane).
This walk will be a figure-of-8 centred on the Temple Footbridge over the River Thames. We’ll start by walking out of town along Pound Lane, before joining the Thames Path and crossing Temple Footbridge for the first time. Following the Thames Path west/upstream, there is the option of a stop at the Hurley Lock cafe.
We’ll eventually leave the river (for now!) near Frogmill Farm and head along Shepherds Lane to Hurley village, where there is a choice of two pubs for another refreshment break! From there, we’ll return to cross Temple Footbridge again and then follow the Thames Path for the final stretch back into Marlow.
By public transport
Please take the Arriva route 800 bus from Friar Street (stop FC) in central Reading at 10.15am if travelling by public transport. The walk leader intends to travel on this bus (although will probably board at one of the Caversham stops) – if it is delayed, the start of the walk may be as well. Please note that owing to the national rail strike, service on the Maidenhead–Marlow branch line and other routes will be severely disrupted – please travel by bus if intending to come via public transport.
There are several pay and display car parks in central Marlow, the closest to the start of the walk being on Pound Lane and West Street.
- If you or someone else from your household has COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- Please bring a packed lunch and a drink.
- Please feel free to contact the leader with queries about the walk, or if you are delayed on the day.
- Do not turn up for the walk without booking, else we will have to turn you away.
- Book a place on this walk by completing the form on our website. Booking will open the Wednesday evening before the walk.
- If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.