Group name: Oldham
This group is a part of Greater Manchester & High Peak Area.
Our activities include:
Path maintenance, Short and easy walks
Oldham group helps local people enjoy walking and protect the places we all love to walk.
We are a very active group offering throughout the year:
- Two walking groups on Sundays - easy and moderate.
- One Wednesday walk with pub lunch/ an easy or moderate day walk.
- The 5 Milers - Easy walks under 5miles.
- Summer Evening walks. 3 - 4 miles.
- Social activities.
- Occasional Coach Excursions and Hostel Weekends for members.
- Liaison with local authorities on footpaths and other matters concerning walkers.
- A footpath clearance team.
You’re very welcome to try walking with us, or to get involved in looking after paths and green spaces and opening up new places to explore. Just turn up at the starting point with your boots, waterproofs and some lunch. If you enjoy your day with us it's just a case of becoming a member.
Dogs are only accepted on walks at the discretion of the leader and must be kept on a SHORT lead at all times. Please check first, some leaders have stated Registered Assistance dogs only and they should contact the walk leader in advance to discuss requirements.
Map Reading and Navigation - South East Lancs Orienteering Club are putting on 3 Saturday open events.
25th Jan at Tandle Hill, 8th Feb at Daisy Nook and 15th Feb at Alexandra Park. more information about times and courses etc. on the SELOC website www.seloc.org.uk
HF Weekend at Sedbergh, 2 or 3 nights 13th March 2020. Contact Debbie at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfa coach holiday with John and Marion, Exmouth 12th - 18th April 2020. Contact Marion at email@example.com
Our group also has a page on facebook called Oldham Ramblers.