Group name: Southampton
This group is a part of Hampshire Area.
Enjoy walking in Hampshire and the surrounding area then why not give us a try?
We offer friendly company on our guided walks of which there are at least 5 every week, in the local area and further afield. These range in length from a few miles, ideal for those new to or returning to walking, to all-day walks for the more experienced walker as well as coach trips and social events. There is something for everyone so why not come along and meet us, make new friends and discover how walking boosts your health and above all enjoy yourself. You’re very welcome to try our walks : no need to book, just turn up and make yourself known to the leader.
If you choose to Follow us on our Facebook page you will be notified of the very latest news, walks and social event update posts and you can also post comments and photos . Many of the Group's archived photos have also been posted to Facebook: to Follow us click the like symbol.
WHAT'S COMING UP
CORONA VIRUS - ALL RA ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (ALL WALKS ARE CANCELLED TO AT LEAST THE END OF JUNE)
In response to Government advice, and in the interests of protecting the health of all members and staff, Ramblers GB is suspending all volunteer activities until further notice (walks will be cancelled until at least the end of June). This includes group led walks, Walking for Health schemes, all training including walk leadership training, path maintenance working groups, coach trips and holidays, meetings, group and social events. Updated (12th May) government and RA advice
- NEW HELPLINE AND COMMUNITY SUPPORT HUB LAUNCHED FOR SOUTHAMPTON'S MOST VULNERABLE find out more
- SOUTHAMPTON CORONA VIRUS ISOLATION HOTLINE: 07923 353365 This is a group set up for Southampton residents to offer support for those affected by Coronavirus. If you are self-isolating, you can get help with shopping and other issues.
- Besides all our walks in this period the Mauritian Meal on April 2nd and the Quiz on May 22nd are also cancelled.
- DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY : Our public rights of way were first recorded on a Definitive Map in the 1950's. Today, nationally an estimated 10000 miles of paths remain unrecorded and we have until 2026 to record them otherwise they will be lost forever. There may be some of these paths in the parishes which Southampton Group covers (Netley Marsh, Nursling & Rownhams, Ampfield, North Baddesley, Marchwood, Hythe & Dibden, Fawley, Chilworth, Totton & Eling, Ashurst & Colbury) and if you know of any or would like information about searching for them see Ramblers Don’t Lose Your Way
- March '20 - June '20 walks Programme PDF download
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR GROUP
- Get your Programme and Newsletter by email: it's quicker and saves paper and distribution costs : See Join The Ramblers page for details.
When joining the RA please remember to select "Southampton" when selecting your Group. By doing this not only will you support our Group's activities but you will receive our walks programme and newsletter as well as being able to join walks led by the 500 or so RA Groups through England , Wales and Scotland.
- Southampton Ramblers are proud to be affiliated to the Walking Partnership. Help support our group by booking your walking holidays with Ramblers Walking Holidays, Cruise and Walk Holidays, or Adagio and nominate Southampton Ramblers Group when booking to ensure we receive vital funds through the Walking Partnership (last year we received £540 which covers our walks programme costs) : here is the Ramblers Walking Holidays brochure