mortimer group logo

Mortimer Group

We are the Mortimer Ramblers. We open the way for everyone in our local community to enjoy the pleasures of walking.

Join the Ramblers and enjoy

  • unlimited free access to 50,000 Ramblers group walks
  • a library jam-packed with thousands of tried-and-tested routes
  • a welcome pack teeming with top tips plus our quarterly Walk magazine
  • exclusive discounts from our partners
  • knowing your support is opening up more places to walk and helping more people discover the joy of walking
1 of 0

Overview

Most of this walk will be on hard tracks or tarmac roads (75%), the other 25% on paths which will be muddy.   Hegdon Hill is the highest point on Explorer 202 and has great views (weather permitting)!

Saturday, 16 December 2023
Start time:
10:00 am
Estimated finish time:
3:00 pm
Difficulty:
Moderate
Distance:
12.9km / 8.0mi
Ascent:
N/A
Type:
circular

If you would like to join this walk please book a place with the leader. If you are unable to attend, please cancel your booking so that someone else can take your place. Do not turn up for a walk without booking, as we may have to turn you away.

Starting point

Grid reference:
SO 60099 52801
Nearest postcode:
HR7 4SH
what3words:
radiates.sprays.coder
Start time:
10:00 am

Parking by Pencombe Village Hall, near the school. OS map Exp 202.

Join the Ramblers and enjoy

  • unlimited free access to 50,000 Ramblers group walks
  • a library jam-packed with thousands of tried-and-tested routes
  • a welcome pack teeming with top tips plus our quarterly Walk magazine
  • exclusive discounts from our partners
  • knowing your support is opening up more places to walk and helping more people discover the joy of walking