Group name: Manchester Coach Rambles
This group is a part of Greater Manchester & High Peak Area.
Our activities include:
The Manchester Coach Rambles Group run coach excursions fortnightly on Sunday all throughout the year to popular destinations for walks in the 5 National Parks - Lake District, North Yorks Moors, Yorkshire Dales, Snowdonia and Peak District- and to areas of outstanding natural beauty notably The Forest of Bowland and Shropshire.
At each destination there are up to 4 walks led by experienced volunteer walks leaders. The walks are graded as follows:-
A Walk, 13-15 miles. B Walk, 11-13 miles. C Walk, 9-11 miles. D Walk, 6-8 miles.
It is not compulsory to join the led walks. Members can do their own private walks at the destination but must ensure that they return to the coach at the appointed time of departure.
Coach leaves Chorlton Street, opposite Coach Station, Britannia Hotel side, Manchester at 8.50am prompt
Also Pick up at the following locations depending on the destination:
- Via Prestwich - for destinations North, e.g. the Lake District and Yorkshire:
- Sedgley Park - bus stop just past junction with George Street.
- Prestwich - Prestwich Village, bus stop between Clifton Road and Chester Street.
- Via Stockport – for destinations South, e.g. the Peak District:
- Levenshulme - junction of A6 and Albert Road (near Levenshulme rail station).
- Stockport - Town Hall.
- Hazel Grove - opposite the Rising Sun public house.
- Via Altrincham - for destinations South West, e.g. Wales and Shropshire:
- Stretford - opposite the Gorse Hill public house.
- Sale - The Vine public house.
- Altrincham - opposite The Orange Tree.
Coach leaves destinations at 5.30pm (Winter excursions) and 6.00pm (Summer excursions)
Seats MUST be booked in advance. For information about coach excursions and tickets please contact Brenda Parkinson, Tel No 0161 736 8710. More details can be found on our website, www.manchestercoachrambles.co.uk
Further information about the Manchester Coach Rambles Group, please contact the Secretary, Joyce Davenport, email r_ email@example.com