Group name: South West Sussex
This group is a part of Sussex Area.
Our group has its heart in the fair city of Chichester, with up to three organised walks per week of varying length between 4 and 13 miles around the area.
With the near complete relaxation of measures to abate the spread of the COVID-19 virus with effect from Monday 19th July group activities, including organised walks, will return to almost pre-COVID normality. We shall be pleased to once again welcome members from other Ramblers groups together with prospective members on our organised walks programme.
However, please be mindful of the fact that prudence remains the byword and walk leaders may well wish to restrict numbers. A booking system will remain in place for the forseeable future and you should not turn up for a walk where you have not booked your place. Please make sure you are fit and healthy and suitably equipped for the demands of the walk and the weather. At all times you should follow the guidance of your walk leader.
Car-sharing can resume.
We urge all walkers to respect the interests of all people who use the outdoors by acting responsibly. Be considerate to others and make sure you follow the Countryside Code, which has just been updated (April 2021). In summary, you should:
- leave gates as you find them
- keep dogs under close control at all times and clear up their waste after them and dispose of in approved recepticles
- follow advice on local signs
- take litter home
Where possible, you should also:
- avoid touching gates and railings with your hands
- use alternative routes that do not pass through gardens, farmyards or schools, where social distancing may be difficult
- avoid popular locations and potentially busy times of day
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water as soon as possible after completing your walk
Keep safe and keep well.
At the start of a the Sussex Border Path