Group name: South West Sussex
This group is a part of Sussex Area.
Our group has its heart in the fair city of Chichester, with up to three organised walks per week of varying length between 4 and 13 miles around the area.
Measures continue to abate the spread of the COVID-19 virus but we welcome the news to allow group activities, including organised walks, effective from Monday 29th March 2021. As such our group is pleased to once again welcome members from other Ramblers groups together with prospective members on our organised walks programme which will recommence with effect from the week commencing 12th April. However, please be mindful of the fact that caution remains the byword and walk leaders may well wish to restrict numbers and we feel sure you will understand that it is only fair we give priority to members of our group. A booking system will apply for all organised walks and you should not turn up for a walk where you have not booked your place.
We urge all walkers to respect the interests of all people who use the outdoors and avoid crowded areas and practice social distancing. If you are lucky enough to be able to walk in local countryside, it is vital to walk responsibly. Be considerate to others and make sure you follow the Countryside Code, which has just been updated (April 2021). In summary, you should:
- leave gates as you find them
- keep dogs under close control at all times and clear up their waste after them and dispose of in approved recepticles
- follow advice on local signs
- take litter home
Where possible, you should also:
- avoid touching gates and railings with your hands
- use alternative routes that do not pass through gardens, farmyards or schools, where social distancing may be difficult
- avoid popular locations and potentially busy times of day
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water as soon as possible after completing your walk
Whilst we continue to live in extraordinary times, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and our Group is trying its very hardest to make the best out of a challenging situation! We shall keep abreast of developments and any further changes to regulations will be advised via the website.
Keep safe and keep well.
At the start of a the Sussex Border Path